|您可以在Wikipedia上了解到此条目的英文信息 NexentaStor Thanks, Wikipedia.|
Nexenta Operating System is a free and open source operating system combining the OpenSolaris kernel with GNU application userland. Nexenta Operating System runs on Intel/AMD 32/64bit hardware and is distributed as a single installable CD. Upgrades and binary packages not included on the CD can be installed from NexentaOS repository using Advanced Packaging Tool. In addition, source based software components can be downloaded from network repositories available at Debian/GNU Linux and Ubuntu Linux, and built as described here.
Nexenta Storage Appliance (NexentaStor) is a software based NAS that meets the current feature sets of the best of breed NAS, including unlimited snapshots, snapshot mirroring (replication), NFS v3/v4, CIFS, FTP, RSYNC/Amanda, SSH and easy management of extremely large storage pools. NexentaStor delivers richly featured software in the form of a software appliance that is trivial to install and easy to manage.
NexentaCore 1.0 Release Highlights
- OpenSolaris b82+ based (x86 32-bit and 64-bit, non-debug), with critical patches from b83 and b84
- Ubuntu/Dapper based
- Project integration: NWS, AVS, COMSTAR, in-kernel CIFS client
- apt-clone: ZFS-integrated safe upgrade via remote APT repository
- Support for in-place (live) and safe upgrades
- Installer: multiple improvements; installs on USB, small memory requirement 256MB
- Nexenta Zones: multiple improvements. Integrated automatic Zone upgrades.
- CIFS client now included into default installation
- Xen DomU and Xen Dom0 (32bit only) support
- GRUB-integrated memory test
- APT repository - status COMPLETE.
NexentaStor is a software based NAS and iSCSI solution with features that are superior to those of legacy hardware based NAS solutions, including unlimited incremental backups or 'snapshots', snapshot mirroring (replication), block level mirroring ('CDP'), integrated search, and the inherent virtualization, performance, thin provisioning and ease of use of the ZFS file system. Built upon our OpenSolaris distribution, NexentaStor adds several capabilities that are required by most organizations that result in improved reliability, manageability, and performance.