来自开放百科 - 灰狐
HadoopDB: An Architectural Hybrid of MapReduce and DBMS Technologies for Analytical Workloads.
- A hybrid of DBMS and MapReduce technologies that targets analytical workloads
- Designed to run on a shared-nothing cluster of commodity machines, or in the cloud
- An attempt to fill the gap in the market for a free and open source parallel DBMS
- Much more scalable than currently available parallel database systems and DBMS/MapReduce hybrid systems.
- As scalable as Hadoop, while achieving superior performance on structured data analysis workloads